Thursday, February 2, 2012

Working life started~

Kick start February with my 6 months internship at SPIC.

On the first day, I spent like almost 3 hours reading and starring at the previous trainees report while waiting for the manager, also the boss to come. Then the manager walked me to the pepper and fruits garden. I was wearing heels and it was totally not convenient at all stepping on the soils and rocks. He told me I can wear T-shirts and flat sandals next time instead as I might have to go to garden once a while. He asked me the names for all the fruits planted and of course, I failed to answer any of it. I was given the tasks for continuing the previous project done by previous trainees. It was a brand new and challenging thing for me since I am not excellent in generating ideas.

The reason I dislike my job~
#1 Long working hours in a week (work 2 weeks for full in alternate Saturdays). 
#2 Bring my own laptop and stationary to work. (working also need bring own resources one?)
#3  Low monthly payment (lower than those Indonesian maids, not even 1/3 of 1K).
#4 No need  OL look at all (after 6 months I might pay no attention in dressing jor!)


This is going to happen for my life in the next 6 months. 6 months can mean a lot. Increment of salary, end of probation period, awarded half of bonus too)

#1 Good thing is I can get connected most of the time since I am in charged in searching information via my own laptop (writing this post during my working time...shhhh). 
#2 The place is near with my house. 
#3 I can work independently without supervision. 
#4 Quite friendly staffs too (though just few of them).

1 thing to blame: How come Faculty of Food Science and Technology, UPM  set 6 months for internship???

2 comments:

  1. normal working life, just i hope u wont face the situation that i m facing now and that lasted for quite a long time since last year ~ meeting almost same people daily beside some trainees that may appear for few months only ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i think im facing the same situation like you...same colleagues everyday~

    ReplyDelete

得不到的东西, 我们会一直认为他是美好的, 那是因为你对他了解太少, 没有时间与他相处在一起. 当有一天,你深入了解后,你会发现原不是你想象中的美好.