Sunday, May 9, 2010

Double-layered Cream Cheese Cake

Happy Mothers Day

Last year I bought a pants as a gift, this year I made a cake because my mom keeps telling me to make our own cake rather than making order from bakery shop.

I took a recipe from 猫子 which requires only chilling time and no baking require. The recipe is tempting enough that urge me to make it. I faced some difficulty to find non-dairy cream for the recipe, but eventually I bought it at WEE HOCK(nearby Hock Lee which sells bakery ingredients & equipments) that costs me RM 16.50.


Expecting to be so delicious, I make myself disappointing after tasting it. Just so so only, only have light cheese taste but more milky & creamy texture due to the non-dairy cream. Well, overall the texture is soft enough because the main ingredient-non dairy cream has to be beaten until fluffy(no over beat, if not the texture won't be nice).


Costing: around RM30 for this particular small cheese cake. Expensive? My mom prefers cake with flour, so I guess flourless cake like this do not hold her appetite~

Oreo Cookie as base, cream cheese on second layer, chocolate cheese on top layer.

For complete recipe, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

得不到的东西, 我们会一直认为他是美好的, 那是因为你对他了解太少, 没有时间与他相处在一起. 当有一天,你深入了解后,你会发现原不是你想象中的美好.