Thursday, June 14, 2012

Berrylite & Ding Tea, Boulevard, Kuching

#1 Berrylite, American Premium 100%  Fat-Free Frozen Yogurt

I love it (11oz) with 3 toppings RM16.50

The flavors of the day were Original, Strawberry and Mix. I chose Mix with 3 toppings - almond flakes, green tea mochi and orange. The mochi didn't go well with the froyo and too bad the oranges was bitter and sour~ 

Pretty sure many people will compare Berrylite with Hielo. Indeed for me I did think both have their own positive 'personalities'. Hielo's froyo is sourer and Berrylite's froyo is generally sweeter. The new wing of Boulevard is really cold where I get even chiller while having the froyo. 

I claimed my privilege card and vouchers as I'm in the first 300 fans to like their page in Facebook~The card entitles me to get 20% for purchase of 5, 8, 11oz froyo in the month of June.

**I'm not the invited blogger to write about Berrylite but this post is purely for sharing and personal reviews~


#2 Ding Tea, franchise of Taiwan's tea beverages

Grass Jelly Milk Tea & Hokkaido Milk Tea
RM5.90 each (regular)

Ever wonder what is actually Hokkaido Milk Tea? After doing some research, I found out Hokkaido Milk Tea is actually a blend of Assam Black Tea and toffee caramel flavor. But what is Assam Black Tea? Assam is a black tea named after the region of its production, Assam, in India. No wonder the Hokkaido Milk Tea contains a  very distinctive taste, which I never know it is the caramel flavor.

I opted 30% sugar and less ice for the grass jelly milk tea and to my astonishment, it was really not that sweet. Perhaps 50% sugar option goes better with the milk tea. The sugar and ice level of customization are pretty obvious for Ding Tea. Generally speaking, the drinks in Ding Tea are milder as compared with those at East Drink, Easy Go.

7 comments:

  1. Light ice cream? So not creamy, not rich? No, thanks. If I want to eat, I would go all the way. Hehehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, sort of ice cream type but is actually a frozen yogurt with live cultures! It's much more expensive compared to those Nestle. Anlene yogurt! Berrylite claims their frozen yogurt is 100% fat free~ Can indulge in those premium foods once in awhile but not always cause of the price~

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya, the card can be used to discount 20% for froyo in June only, and the 2 vouchers can be used until Sept...but for me i think the card is more worth to use than the vouchers

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! bo bien, 生意手段。tôt i can get discount when i'm back. i go hielo 算了。。。hahaha! i'm not afraid of being a fatty also XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha...why le? since you also know both hielo and berrylite owners...go try berrylite and see the different, i myself think hielo better in certain part more...but berrylite have more flavor and topping choice. Both are okay but favor hielo more haha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. no money for such luxuries lol. i go hielo also because of the groupon coupon nia. else i won't go also. rather eat abc. cheap cheap

    ReplyDelete

得不到的东西, 我们会一直认为他是美好的, 那是因为你对他了解太少, 没有时间与他相处在一起. 当有一天,你深入了解后,你会发现原不是你想象中的美好.