Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yen's Suite & Bean Cottage

#1 Yen's Suite, Brighton Square

Buffet shaved ice, milk added RM6

I can take whatever ingredients I want and the staff will assemble everything I take into a nice looking dessert. Too bad the ingredients there are not fresh during the time I went there and the choices and amount were so limited, especially the red bean as the the sour taste was strong.

Ice blended chocolate and pearl milk tea
 The taste were rather bland for both drinks and not recommended~

#2 Bean Cottage, Jalan Simpang Tiga


It was a hot day so I was craving for something cooling. I had....

Nyonya Ice RM3

I had been to Malacca 3 times and I tried the Baba Nyonya Cendol Ice every time I went there. Surprisingly, I liked this Bean Cottage Nyonya Ice a lot than those in Malacca. The combination of the gula Melaka, coconut milk, cendol and red bean were good! The sweetness was sufficiently fine for a bowl of dessert. And the portion of red bean and cendol was so handsome, making me very full for one whole bowl.


The cendol was said to contain no artificial colouring and it was unusually long. 



Savoury waffle...Tuna filling RM3.80





The white interior of Bean Cottage

What I dislike of the place is they use polystyrene and plastic bowls for serving food and drink. Way too not environmentally friendly~



4 comments:

  1. i went to bean cottage once!!! me and alvin were the only customer at that time =.= i ordered chocolate waffle and end up alvin also doesn't like it, so didn't finish, and we were saying no next time. lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that time I go also the only customer haha...i think the waffle nothing special but i really like the nyonya ice~

      Delete
  2. oooooo ahaha! never fancy nyonya thingy cause of the coconut milk >< ppl said nice nice nice i only can keep them in arm's length lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yalor, nyonya foods put so much coconut milk haha...from nyonya laksa to bubur cacar..I love those but luckily can't find and have it very often at here...eat once a while...ok hehe...

      Delete

得不到的东西, 我们会一直认为他是美好的, 那是因为你对他了解太少, 没有时间与他相处在一起. 当有一天,你深入了解后,你会发现原不是你想象中的美好.