Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Mooncake Festival

This year Mid-autumn festival falls on Wednesday, 22 September 2010. But I bought 21 Sept flight back  to KL. Still I will celebrate the night at my room either alone or with my roommates but I bet they have their own plans.



Last year I bought Purple Cane Mooncake at Mid Valley and asked my besties to take to my home because I did not went back to Kuching that time for one week Raya break.



This year I also intend to buy Purple Cane but they did not sell the special edition like last year. My family loves the Purple Cane Blueberry Cheese. It was less sweet and the specialty was the mooncake was made of TEA.



I wandered around Mid Valley and did not know which mooncake brand to buy. A TianJe promoter grabbed my hand and gave me samples to try. Honestly I did not fancy the taste but during that time I was persuaded by the promoter. So end up I was paying for the bill...






I already rotated the photos but I don't know why the uploaded photos were not in right position
I chose Spring Yam, Brown Rice Green Tea, Monoyama Grains and Chrysanthemum Moon. Believe me, I won't buy this brand if I could turn back time.


Free one piece upon purchase of a box of four.



Charcoal type of biscuit and mooncakes are becoming popular nowadays. But the Bisgood Bamboo Charcoal Tambun Biscuit are not nice. Bisgood 谷城 has many attractive Doraemon mooncakes. I would rather buy Doraemon mooncake than TianJe but I only spotted Bisgood after I bought TianJe.

In Kuching, there are also common and popular brands of mooncakes sold such as 荣成 Yong Sheng, 麦可思 The Baker's Cottage, 六富 Six Happiness , 大同 Tai Thong, 海外天 Oversea, 锦仑泰 Kam Lun Tai, 友爱 Yu Ai,  喜月堂 Hei Yue Tong. Luckily I did not buy any of the brands because what's the point if it was available in Kuching yet I bought it at KL and brought along back to Kuching?


Anyway, Happy Mooncake Festival to everyone!

Brought a chocolate cheese mooncake from Chin Hian Chia, Padungan, a famous mooncake manufacturer in Kuching to share with my lovely roommates at UPM!!! It is solely produced in Kuching if I'm not mistaken...

No comments:

Post a Comment

得不到的东西, 我们会一直认为他是美好的, 那是因为你对他了解太少, 没有时间与他相处在一起. 当有一天,你深入了解后,你会发现原不是你想象中的美好.