Wednesday, May 2, 2012

DIY

1. Craving for some chewsome and bouncy Taro/Sweet Potato/Sesame Balls from Snowflakes!

Randomly I searched for the balls recipe and the results displayed that it is not complicated to do it.

Luckily still left one and only one sweet potato in the kitchen. Phew~

Steam the peeled off sweet potato until soft and mashed it.

Convenient pack of Sweet Grass Jelly. I cut it into coin pieces and my sis shouted Wow....Black Japanese Tofu!


A gift from the sea...Sea bird nest bought from Sabah
This natural seaweed is said to be rich in collagen!

Boil  pandan water to make syrup

May's dessert creation
Sweet potato balls. grass jelly and sea bird nest in pandan syrup (brown sugar as healthier sweetener)
**but the sweet potato balls were a failure since they turned out to be not chewy at all. I should have added more tapioca starch instead!**



2. Saw a shared post of a butter cake baked in rice cooker and my interest in attempting to do it pop out.


Before baking in cooker (the almond flakes was over-toasted lol)

anxiously waiting...

after 45 minutes it appeared to be like this (oops the burned almond flakes)

Butter Cake topped with almond
my skills has to be further improved...the texture and the height
since then I think I will opt for the cooker to bake cake since the oven at my home kitchen is old and output of the foods after baking often turns out rather dried and tough


Glad that someone complimented that my Lemon white shoes and turquoise bag (bought at Times Square) are nice. My taste isn't that bad after all. LOL. 
Oh I miss shopping in KL.


3 comments:

得不到的东西, 我们会一直认为他是美好的, 那是因为你对他了解太少, 没有时间与他相处在一起. 当有一天,你深入了解后,你会发现原不是你想象中的美好.