Thursday, December 29, 2011

Malacca trip: Day 2

Yeah, breakfast! We went to Chung Wah Chicken Rice Ball at Jonker Street. As usual there was queue but luckily the queue was not that long since it was breakfast time. I did not planned to have chicken rice ball during the trip because I had twice at Famosa Chicken Rice Ball Shop and I realised I did not like chicken rice ball at all. But my roommates wanted to give it a try so we randomly went for it.

5 chicken rice ball per pax (RM6.50 per pax for rice ball and chicken)

The rice ball was good. Unlike the Famosa one.
 They counted for number of pax so we did not have choices to either reduce or increase the rice ball quantity. Maybe addition could be specially ordered but I think reduction portion was not allowed there.

Steamed chicken for 3 pax sharing

I changed my mind of chicken rice ball after eating at this place. Strongly urge to everyone not to switch to Famosa just to skip queues because the taste was totally different. No wonder everyone so crazy about it and  did not mind to queue. There were never empty spaces in the cafe. People were queuing everytime I passed by this place.

Another famous drink in Malacca is Coconut Shake but the authentic one was not reachable by us. It was quite far from town area.

Came across this place selling coconut shake at Jonker Street.

No harm trying it out. Special coconut shake with ice-cream. RM 2.50. Cooling and refreshing but it was just coconut juice blended with the coconut flesh, ice-cream, syrup and ice.


Tried the Bu Cai Kuih bought at a stall along Jonker Street
RM 1. I tried the sweet potato one. Not really nice though.

For late lunch, we went to Wong Kok Char Chan Teng at Dataran Pahlawan before heading to Malacca Sentral.

Pork Burger RM 6.90

My lunch. Fish with rice RM 9.80. Forgot the exact name.
The fried rice was undercooked. I made complaint to the staff and they changed the rice into white rice.

 I did not mind as long as the rice was cooked. We, as consumers should not be given undercooked foods!

Wong Kok was quite packed with people that time. But the foods was not as good as I thought. Perhaps the variety of the menu added credit to the popularity. 10% service charge was applicable.


We almost missed the bus back to UPM due to the rain and the jam at Malacca town area. Luckily we made it and the bus departed from Malacca Sentral right after we boarded in the bus. Really close. I kept worried and was so nervous along the journey to Malacca Sentral.

The trip was a nice one but I failed to savour the Jonker 88 Laksa and Nyonya dish. 
When is my next Malacca trip? 
 2 years later?

2 comments:

  1. i miss malacca lar!!! hahaa why didnt try 和记's chicken rice ball? got 杨家贤's paper board at the entrance de. the red house one i heard not nice one.. haha. i miss malacca lar...=S

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont know le..seems not open when i pass by..haha..i know they said chung wah and he ji is famous..chung wah rice ball is nice..he ji chicken is nice...haha..i went malacca three times also not enough lol

    ReplyDelete

得不到的东西, 我们会一直认为他是美好的, 那是因为你对他了解太少, 没有时间与他相处在一起. 当有一天,你深入了解后,你会发现原不是你想象中的美好.